Saturday, April 3, 2010

Proper Travel Tea

I have to share this with you from the road, I thought they didn't make these anymore. It's the BEST thing since sliced bread for tea drinkers: an Immersion Heater





We found this puppy at the local Hardware store, (Ace Hardware on Caledonia in Sausalito, Ca.) It has revolutionized my travel tea woes. I know of only one hotel (caveat: I don't know many hotels)that serves tea made from BOILING water. Most give you a pot of lukewarm water with a tea bag on the side. By the time you drink it, it's insipid, having never been brewed properly to begin with. Just bring your mug (WARNING!!! use a ceramic mug, NOT GLASS I JUST CRACKED THE GLASS HOTEL MUG!!!). It's a less than $5 contraption and also sells at Amazon. 


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment