Thursday, August 14, 2014

Until the Day breaks.....


Here is one I now keep permanently in my Pilgrim's Backpack. 

In Genesis, God describes the advent of the first day in this way: 

"and there was evening and there was morning, the first day"... 

I have learned that in God's reckoning, the 'day' isn't over until morning comes. I see 'day' here more as a season in life - after all for God a day is as a thousand years. This season many last a few moment or it make span many of our 24 hour days, but in God's view, that season isn't over until morning comes. Until the day breaks and the morning star appears. 


Jesus is my bright morning star. Until I see Jesus in my situation, especially one that is hard to bear, I know it isn't over. Until faith comes, until I have the assurance of things hoped for I will learn to wait on Him to appear and give me faith.



Joy in the Morning

(Psalm 30:5b; Genesis 1:5; Revelation 22:16; Hebrews 11:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment