Friday, December 3, 2010

My Mom

I would say hot off the press but it's not even dry, or off the board, as you can see by the tape; so here is my latest little watercolor, measuring about 12 by 12 maybe a bit more. It's from a small snapshot of my mother in Paris, where she was born and raised, taken not long before WWII. The beret is authentic :) Apparently she had just been very sick and did not want to pose for this. I absolutely love this picture of her, she only smiles when she wants to, it makes her genuine. I was very moved making it: mom was an only child, she saw many hardships. I also saw how much my sister and I are in her, I never thought we looked like her. She was the most beautiful child and became a beautiful woman. To me, little (or big) Liz Taylor had nothing on my mom. Oh, and thank you for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment