Friday, August 30, 2013

Secret Place...



As a child I loved, even craved, secret gardens. Any hedge by a wall could make a hidden place. I didn't do anything there, just wanted to be there, out of reach of anyone. Sky and greenery were my silent guardians. A little neighbor friend and I buried a treasure box in the most remote corner of his garden... yet I took note, even then, that it never truly satisfied.   

I still love secret gardens as a visual delight but there's a better place. Miraculously, anyone can go there anytime and be equally hidden, equally loved... This one satisfies the deepest longing, the greatest need. There, hidden from view, we are protected, safe and never alone... 


Alone with God - oil painted boxtop. 

"He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."








No comments:

Post a Comment