Friday, March 7, 2014

Wonderful Light!




Psalm 36:9 says "...in thy light shall we see light"


Without light, we cannot not see anything. By the same token, the kind of light we have will determine how things look, think of how different things would look with a colored light bulb for instance.  So it is important that we see things in the right light.



Light and Shadow


Seeing something in the wrong light usually means not understanding it, missing its context, misinterpreting the whole thing and tragically drawing the wrong conclusion.  

 God is light in Him is no darkness at all...
I John 1:5

 God is love 
I John 4:7 


I am the Truth 
John 14:6


We often make the fatal mistake of separating these qualities, pulling out one from the others but the light in which God sees us, the light by which He wants us to see everyone and everything, includes all His attributes at all times. 


From now on, I am going to ask God to show me what is before my eyes in His light before I go jumping to conclusions.




















No comments:

Post a Comment